Posted January 7th, 2012
What are you doing tomorrow? Come see the Engaged Now What? bridal booth at the Cal Expo Bridal Show. The show will take place from 10:00am to 5:00pm. Print this coupon to receive $2 off your ticket. This is one of the biggest bridal shows in California and you don’t want to miss out.
Make sure to stop by the Engaged Now What? booth to pick up your very own “I’m Engaged!” necklace to wear at the show. We’ve been hard at work making hundred’s of these adorable tags for you wonderful brides.
Tips for attending a bridal show:
1. Bring a friend or two. Shows can be a little over-whelming at times and having someone there for moral support is always best. Bringing your groom is great but if he’s not into it don’t pressure him. You’ll have more fun with the girls and there is nothing worst then a groom who has been pressured into going.
2. Ditch the heavy purse! You’ll have a heavy bag to carry at the show so don’t bring a big purse to carry too. Grab a small clutch or something easy you can put in the bag to carry around.
3. Bring Labels. These little bad boys will help you from filling out form after form. Every vendor wants your information and most of the time you will want to give it to them, especially if it’s for a give-a-way. Print some simple little labels that you can peel off and stick to their forms. Include:
Bride & Groom’s name:
If you have a location already selected then we suggest listing that as well.
4. Leave the Stilletto’s at home. Wear comfortable shoes.
5. Attend at least one fashion show. They’re fun to watch even if you have already gotten your dress. You can check out the accessories they are wearing, their hair style or the bouquet.
6. Take the opportunity to talk to the vendors and look at their portfolios. This will help you narrow down your search. Don’t just walk through it. Most vendors display their best work at the show which will give you an idea if they are the right fit.
7. Enter every giveaway. There is lots of good stuff given away at the show, so don’t be shy to fill out the form and enter. Who knows you may be the lucky one to win a free honeymoon or some other fabulous prize.
8. Eat a good breakfast. Most shows open at 10:00 and go until 5:00. You may not need to be there the entire day but some locations don’t have a place to get lunch. There may be a few places handing out samples but if you go hungry this won’t be enough to hold you over all day.
9. Celebrate after the show. Take your girls out for a drink or if you were able to get the groom to go, take him out to a sports bar afterwards so he can catch up on all the football he missed while at the show.
10. Go through your bag. Make two piles of material. Those you liked and those you didn’t care for. Then it’s time to get online, check out their websites and contact them to setup an appointment. I would do this shortly after the show because most vendors get a lot of leads from the shows and their schedules for appointments will book up fast.
Have fun and congratulations on your engagement!
Share and Enjoy